It is time! I have had hiring a VA on my business to-do list all year, and now it’s time to get serious about it.
Please pass this post around! I’ll begin the interview/audition process on
September 1st. [NOW CLOSED]
What I’m Looking For
I’m looking for a virtual assistant to help me manage all of the Mydzik Media brands. This includes Systems Scientist, The Off-Road Millennial, and my personal brand, currently housed at Mallie Rydzik Dot Com.
I’d like to begin working with you for just 10-20 hours per month starting in October, eventually moving us up to 10-20 hours per week in the spring.
I’m looking to hire someone who is very comfortable with technology and adapting to new tools/processes. I am a scientist by trade, so my personality may be different than those of other creative entrepreneurs you have worked with. I’m not looking for someone to “just deal with the tech stuff,” but for someone who speaks my language. Ya dig?
Include but are not limited to…
- Formatting and scheduling email newsletters
- Finding relevant blog posts for social media
- Creating graphics for social media
- Scheduling time-relevant updates in Hootsuite
- Scheduling Instagram posts in Latergram
- Creating fillable PDFs
- PDF formatting
- Managing Slack and/or Facebook groups of clients
- Assisting with client onboarding/invoicing/management
- Transcribing podcasts or videos
- Creating podcast show notes
- Uploading and scheduling completed podcasts in Libsyn and WordPress
- Finding and contacting prospective podcast guests
- Finding and contacting prospective podcasts or blogs for me to be on
- Researching potential speaking opportunities
- Assisting with product and program launches
- Keeping our project management software up-to-date
- Assisting with in-person event planning/logistics
- Research on prospective clients/audience/collaborators
- Promotion of products/books/events/etc.
- Mailing gifts/cards to clients
- Collecting all the receipts that I’m supposed to be collecting for tax time
- Help with travel logistics for conferences and events I attend
- Facebook ads creation/maintenance
- Metrics tracking
- Easy-to-read spreadsheets outlining the findings of your research
- Affiliate program management
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) creation assistance
- A lot of these things down the line
*Note: I play with a lot of tools, so we’ll be a better fit if you like playing with tools too, whether or not you know all of these already*
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Google everything
- Wave Apps
- Divi Theme
- Facebook power editor
- Microsoft Office suite
This job posting closes on September 1st[NOW CLOSED]
- Interviews will begin on September 8th
- A small (less than 2 hours), paid audition project will be given to the top candidates the week of September 21st
- If all goes well, our work together will begin on or before October 1st
- I’m in the Eastern Time Zone, but I don’t really care where you are!
Things To Know About Me and My Business
- I’m highly into details, processes, and systems myself, so your work may require slightly higher-level activities than what you do with some clients. There will be no organizing my inbox, for example, because it almost always sits at inbox zero (seriously, and it makes me feel like I’m doing something wrong).
- I prefer non-phone communication most of the time, but will want to check in at least monthly via voice.
- I’m an introvert so the totally subjective personality fit will be important. This doesn’t mean you have to be an introvert, it just means I’ll be judging how well we mesh because I don’t want either of us to be exhausted from working together.
- My business is regularly evolving but currently relies mostly on a service-based coaching and consulting model. I’ve begun expanding into group programs this year and intend to begin hosting in-person and online events over the next year. I’m playing with expanding into a boutique agency down the road if you’re looking for long-term work (<–not required).
- To show me that you read this entire lengthy-ass job posting carefully, please make the subject line of your email application “No Brown M&Ms!” (and bonus if you know what that’s referring to)
- I hope this can be at least a one-year relationship, but I’m not holding either of us to that.
- Disclaimer: I’m wanting to have my first child in 2016, soo having someone to rely on business-wise during that time will be super important to me!
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Include with your email:
– Your previous experience, if any, being a VA
– References, if available
– Your current and projected future availability
– Your hourly rate or package fee structure
– What made you apply for this particular position
– Your favorite online business tool and why
If you made it this far down, congratulations! We may be a good fit. 😉